Actually, we are not cosmetic people. We are marine biologists, process engineers, researchers, northern lights, water-babies - and, yes, also skin understander.
More than 17 years ago, we discovered that we can do more with our work than "just" to develop exceptionally effective ingredients. With Oceanwell we can multiply our commitment to the sea. And we can open a path for you, the customer, to combine your health, beauty with responsibility. Your peach skin combined with the protection of the seas. Consumption combined with sustainability. To achieve much more together than any one of us could do alone.
- Oceanwell, a brand of oceanBASIS Gmbh, has been launched in 2001 under the name o`well.
- The basis of the active ingredients is Oceanwell's sustainably cultivated Laminaria algae from the Kiel fjord
- and a proprietary fermentation process for optimal, gentle development of marine substances.
- The extraordinary effect is shown by several studies *.
- We work together with universities in Kiel, Lübeck, Bremen and more, continuously performing research projects on topics such as atopic dermatitis, oceanic collagen, wound therapy, etc.
And because we are a bit proud of it - our awards:
- All Oceanwell products are certified with the stringent NATRUE seal
- Research award from the magazine "mare" for the innovative and sustainable approach
- Award of the Innovation and Sustainability Award of the Green Parliamentary Group
- Dr. Inez Linke becomes "Visionary Entrepreneur" of Schleswig-Holstein as part of the IHK Festival Vision S.-H. excellence
- OceanCollagen wins Spa Diamond 2012 "Green Innovation"
- OceanCollagen wins the BSB Innovation Price as "most innovative natural product" in Barcelona
Three-year research project with the Kiel Institute of Oceanography on antibacterial effects of substances from sponges, bacteria and algae - several laminaria extracts show strong inhibitory effects against medically relevant bacteria (e.g., "hospital germs")
Research on marine collagens with the Institute of Molecular Biology at the University of Lübeck for use in regenerative medicine (for example as cartilage replacement)
-Clinical study in the atopic dermatitis clinic at the University Hospital Kiel with positive results, in particular reduction of the severity of atopic dermatitis
Research project with the University Hospital Schleswig-Holstein for the decryption of active substances from algae for the treatment of cancer and viral diseases